Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Spring Sun

I'm sitting out on the bluff, soaking up the spring sun. The  retreating tide is farther in than I've seen it the past two weeks, and if I listen close I can hear the water lapping at the shore, at the rocks. Out beyond where I can see them, seagulls call. On the open water sound travels with ease though, so I have no clue how far out the birds actually are.

The wind comes at me from the east, and last years grass rustles on my right. That same wind reminds me that it's still early spring, and I have to zip my jacket to keep the chill at bay. Yet it is so serene out here, so peaceful and so wonderful, that I make certain to bring layers so that I will only have to leave once I can no longer use my fingers to write or hold my book.

I am grateful for the lengthening days. I am grateful the sun warms this patch of earth I am sitting on long enough for me to spend evenings like this out here: Alone, calm, and happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment