Sunday, May 13, 2012

10 Things I Love About My Mother

  1. The way I can’t go into the woods without thinking about her.
  2. That back in the day, wearing moccasins was her norm.
  3. How tolerant she is 99% of the time.
  4. How utterly fierce she can be that other 1%.  
  5. The way she laughs around her sisters.
  6. The way she epitomizes “mama’s cooking.”
  7. Her ability to read, comprehend, and recall books about quantum physics, spirituality, or otherwise heavy material.  And that she’ll read the entire book cover to cover again if she can’t.
  8. How often I make her cry, usually because my humor clashes with her time of the month.
  9. That excited bounce up and down, fists clenched, leaning forward, chin up routine she does every time she really gets into a game or a movie.
  10. How she has never once told me what to do, but instead leads by example.
 I sure do love her.


My mother, leading by example with a couple of my others.



1 comment: